Our green efforts...
- Photovoltaic solar power, designed and installed by Active Solar Development, provides electricity for the entire property.
- Heat for the studio is regulated by a programmable thermostat and is powered by solar electric.
- Worms eat our coffee grounds and produce scraps in the vermicompost bin.
- Light in the bathroom is provided in part by a light tube while the electric lights are switched on and off by a motion sensor and timer.
- Plates, bowls, mugs, and utensils are washed and re-used limiting our waste of disposables.
- Paper, plastic, glass, and metal are recycled according to County Waste procedures.
- Surfaces in the studio are cleaned with water or Simple Green and microfiber cloths, reducing our use of paper towels and toxic cleaners.
- Clients are encouraged to reduce the use of single-use-disposables such as individually wrapped snacks, juice boxes, etc.
- Re-usable shopping bags are used exclusively as new items and groceries are purchased for use in the studio.
- Care is taken to ensure that paper material distributed for course content is organized and archived as reference, and not merely disposed of as waste.